Update problems with Eset Smart Security

Dear users,

I have a problem updating ESER smart security. Please see the print screen attached. 

The database of virus signatures is: 15061. I am afraid of viruses and because is not updating I might loose my work. 

How can I fix it? 

Thank you for your support. 

print screen.png

I bought the 10 version directly. . When i click update nothing happens. it tells me your database is uptodate, ad the last update 5th of may. 

The problem appeared recently and I dont know how to fix it. Please see print scree attached. 

print screen1.png

• Most Valued Members

I see that you have advanced system care running realtime. Has the update problem arisen since installing that ? and does temporarily disabling that allow you to update ESS ? It seems to do a lot of port blocking and blocking malicious websites . Maybe IObit have blocked ESET update url by mistake.

Hello.

Advanced system care is running with antivirus since 2 years.I have never had problems. i tried to disable it but no result.

Delete programs that affect the internet, such as cyberghost, and try again after rebooting.
I hope it resolves.

• Administrators

Please create and provide us with logs for perusal as follows:

1, Open the advanced ESET setup, navigate to Tools -> Diagnostics and enable advanced update engine logging.
2, Run manual update.
3, Collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature.
4, Upload the generated zip file to a safe location and pm me a download link. If the zip file is smaller than 2 MB, you can attach it directly to a pm.

I have unistalled and reinstalled, removed all programs that might be in conflict, all the solutions I found online but useless. 

My computer was acting strange having viruses so I could not wait anymore and I took another antivirus. Too bad I tool eset smart license for two years and no use of it. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Maryya said:

My computer was acting strange having viruses so I could not wait anymore and I took another antivirus. Too bad I tool eset smart license for two years and no use of it.

We have offered you help and assistance with troubleshooting the issue. Please provide us with the requested logs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 9:57 AM, Marcos said:

Please create and provide us with logs for perusal as follows:

1, Open the advanced ESET setup, navigate to Tools -> Diagnostics and enable advanced update engine logging.
2, Run manual update.
3, Collect logs with ELC as per the instructions linked in my signature.
4, Upload the generated zip file to a safe location and pm me a download link. If the zip file is smaller than 2 MB, you can attach it directly to a pm.

Hello.

Can you please come with an urgent solution? Thanks

ess_logs.zip

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Maryya said:

Can you please come with an urgent solution?

The solution is to uninstall v10 and install it from scratch. Obviously v10 attempts to update from v9 update servers; it downloads update.ver but since v9 uses update files in the nup format as opposed to dlls used by v10, it cannot update. We are investigating why it is sometimes happening after upgrade.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Maryya said:

i have tried to instal and uninstal several times but no result. 

How did you remove it, just with the standard uninstaller? Sometimes you can end up with leftovers so there is a uninstall utility designed to properly remove everything hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2289/

Edited by peteyt

• Administrators

After uninstalling ESET the standard way, please check if the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESET\ESET Security and (or) the folder "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Internet Security" exist.

Let us know about your findings.