Can't play on this website

fidelius2

Hello,

I use Nod32 v6.0.316. I have a problem with a chess web site lichess.org. It says something about my "browser webkits". Disabling Nod32 allows me to see all the features of this site but I would prefer a safe method.

Thank you.

I'm not sure what's the problem here, I was able to load the website with no issues. (FF24/ESS7/Win7)

Please post the exact error you're receiving and/or a screenshot that demonstrates the issue, along with your operating system version, browser version, firewall (if any).

I just tried, and it loaded fine, but 5 sec later it crashed my Browser. Safari 5.0.5 for Win on XP. I believe it was the Flash player (as usual) that caused the browser crash.

Regarding that site ........ Technology

• Greatly standards-compliant design (CSS, HTML)
  • Works in any modern web browser (except Internet Explorer 8 and lesser versions), with no plugins such as Flash or Java needed

I use eset ver 7 nod32 on waterfox, a 64bit variant of firefox and had no issues

Edited by Arakasi

The exact error message is : "Your browser supports websockets but cannot get a connection.

Maybe you are behind a proxy that does not support websockets.

Ask your administrator to fix it."

I use Firefox 10.0.12 ESR (version of firefox long term support) with Shockwave Flash plugin.OS is Window s XP Professional x64 edition, veersion 2003, service pack 2.

I can exclude from filtering this web adress : *.lichess.* so it works well. I don't know if I am still possibly protected. I must use wildcards because it may change to static.lichess.org etc...

No problem under Ubuntu since I have no AV.

Regarding that site ........ Technology

• Greatly standards-compliant design (CSS, HTML)
  • Works in any modern web browser (except Internet Explorer 8 and lesser versions), with no plugins such as Flash or Java needed

I use eset ver 7 nod32 on waterfox, a 64bit variant of firefox and had no issues

Yeah well my browser version is old and so it doesn't support the new standards very well so that's probably why it crashed. But I still like to blame flash player since that is usually the cause for my browser crashes, and I hate it so much it is getting bigger and bigger for every release and the stability that were there in version 7.0 or 8.0 long time ago is no where to be found. And it causes massive ram usage on some websites. I just hate it  <_<

Maybe, however that chess site said no flash coding at all on it.

Im not a flash fan either, in fact i dont like anything thats a high target for malware.

Chrome can get lost as well , i dont use it that often, among other high target software ....