Encrypted network traffic "untrusted certificate"

• Administrators

Probably you have some PUA-related or phishy add-ons installed in the browser on that particular pc or the other computers don't have SSL/HTTPS filtering enabled (less likely). ESET only does its job; the certificates are obviously untrusted and therefore you are asked for an action. Of course, you can add an exception for those untrusted certificates but that would defeat the purpose of secure communication and SSL scanning.

I'd try launching the browser in safe mode without add-ons/extensions to see if it resolves the issue. If so, I'd disable add-ons, one at a time, to narrow it to the problematic one(s) which should be subsequently removed.

On 4/11/2017 at 10:59 AM, itman said:

I agree with Marcos's comment,

Both Chrome and Firefox use their own root CA certificates store's for web site certificate validation. Whereas FireFox has an option where it can be specified to additionally use the Windows root certificate store, Chrome has no such option.

https://mike.kaply.com/2016/09/01/upcoming-changes-to-root-certificates-in-firefox-on-windows/

Is this what you are talking about? I just set it to true. Let's see how it works out.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, AMDY said:

Let me restate this: the other PCs on which I have installed the same ESET product are not having the issues.   Same user, same Chrome accounts, same OS, etc.

Appears to me you are resorting to the "throwing the baby out with the bath water" analogy here.

From what you stated, one PC is having an issue. Since all other configured like PCs are not, it appears to me that the problem is most likely an issue with Chrome itself. Did you try to reinstall Chrome to see if that resolves the issue?

Also is the PC having difficulties using the same OS ver. as your other PCs not having issues?