Config.ini

Hi

We have ESET 6.5.522.0 with clients running 6.4.0.2014 Av and agent 6.4.283.0 running Win 2012 and Win 7 clients. 

I am changing the infrastructure to have remote proxy sites and am going to use the config.ini to specify the settings for clients at the remote site, deployed through group policy. 

When specifying the servername should I be specifying the proxy or the main administrator server  in the settings for the config.ini. I have apache proxies on the remote proxys sites, should the remote administrator clients config.ini also point to 3128 or 2222 for deployment? i have policies set to 3128 for the clients at the remote sites to talk to 3128 on the remote proxy set from the server which apply. 

I ask as I tested deployment with 3128 and it did not update, however deploying with 2222 to main server using the config.ini then apply settings to talk to apache proxy server on 3128 does update and not error. 

Many Thanks, 

Darren

Edited by dazza007

• ESET Staff

When deploying AGENT, you have to specify ERA Server or ERA Proxy where it will be connecting. By default, both these services are listening on port 2222. Specified hostname/IP + port will be used for connection of AGENT to SERVER, i.e. to establish management connection.

ERA Proxy and Apache HTTP Proxy are not related and are not interchangeable -> they are used for different connection types.  

Thank you, the agent needs port 2222 and ESET product 3128 

In the config file when using a proxy should i be stating the proxy server or the main RA ?

• ESET Staff

As it defines to whom to connect, it should be the proxy server address.  With the exception of the machines connected directly to the main ERA server (for example the HQ machines).