Slow Scan with ESS 7

The scan slows down once it reaches 97% it looks like this post-1964-0-74997300-1381957329_thumb.png any tips regarding this?

I have let the scan run for quite a while now but it´s still  stuck at 97% it looks like it´s still scanning but the % doesn´t change

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yeah,those are not moving either.

The number of files being scanned it´s rising,slowly but it is moving.

It´s still stuck ast 97% should i stop the scan?

Edited by Dago2682

• Administrators

Please enable logging of all scanned files so that you see the last one scanned. When you narrow it down to a particular file causing the scanner to hang, compress the file while using the password "infected" and send me the archive via a private message.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue.

I scanned ProgramData, the scan was fast (18 seconds) and finished successfully.

ESS 7.0.302 on Windows 7 (32-bit)

Edited by TGW

Please enable logging of all scanned files so that you see the last one scanned. When you narrow it down to a particular file causing the scanner to hang, compress the file while using the password "infected" and send me the archive via a private message.

How do i enable it?

EDIT Nevermind i found it and i found the file but it does not let me compress it  it says "access denied"

Edited by Dago2682

• Administrators

If you run a custom scan, click Setup in the window with target selection and enable "Log all objects" in the "Other" section.

If you run a custom scan, click Setup in the window with target selection and enable "Log all objects" in the "Other" section.

Yea,i found it and located the file but it gives me an access denied when i try to compress it,despite the fact i am running the system as administrator.

Take ownership of it and add the correct permissions for access to the Administrator account.

I tried that and it does say the user i assigned it´s the owner of the file but still doesnt let me to do anything with it

Also,out of curiosity i decided to check how many files the crypto folder has and system says there are 483,762  i dont know if that´s normal or not,also folder size on disc is 1.84 GB