no update notification

• Administrators

Currently if you want to upgrade to v10, download Live installer from ESET's website and run it. It will install v10 over v9.

I know how to do but you dont answer my question.

I cant understand why there was no notification.   NOD32 have to be always in the better protection, isnt it !!??  So why no notification to the user? 

Version 9.0.408 i used is suppose to notified

I look all the settings and nothing block update notification.   In fact, I find no setting to activate it either  so what.....    I remember that previous version notified when program update were available and there was a setting for that.

More weird.....  manual update search in NOD32 version 9 and i am notified that there was NO update... (v10 is available !!??)

Edited by pygocentrus

• Administrators

We don't offer v10 to v9 users yet. If I'm not mistaken, that's because of a new certificate that later v9 started to be signed with which would cause direct upgrade to v10 to fail for users with older versions.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

We don't offer v10 to v9 users yet. If I'm not mistaken, that's because of a new certificate that later v9 started to be signed with which would cause direct upgrade to v10 to fail for users with older versions.

???   I am not sure to understand....    You mean Eset have as issue with upgrade so you blocked the notification ?

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

We don't offer v10 to v9 users yet

Soon , v11 will be available , and you are saying that "we don't offer v10 to v9 users yet"?????

• Administrators

There are handful of pitfalls connected with upgrade to v10 which we've been trying to solve, such as not to offer the upgrade for Windows XP users automatically. Another problem is that after upgrade to v10 old drivers would stop communicating with ekrn due to a new signature used in recent v9 and v10 but this is indicated by a red protection status and immediate computer restart is suggested to fix the issue.

We already offer upgrade to v10 for a small portion of users with older versions and plan to offer upgrade for v9 users as well some time soon.