Need Help Initial Configuration of Settings

Hey! I am 2 days new here and hoping for some advice, some reassuring information/feedback if possible.  I am using this 30 -day free product and I jumped into this without realzing there was no extended business hours for support and I am here with quite an uneasy feeling.  I say this because when I contacted the company and talked to representatives in different department, they all assured me that this would be fine.  I will spare you folks all the gory details but the basis of my abrupt decision to go with a new computer security program is because I was basically left hung out to dry by Norton and it has been a scary situation considering all the things on the internet that I really have no desire to know about, get involved in, but especially I do not want to be left vulnerable and get violated.  

So, I have this ESET security for my home computer that was installed Thursday night via a tech rep. Alfredo G. who closed out our session after the install by assuring me that the "higher level tech" would contact me at 10 a.m. the next morning.  Well, I am still here with PC Paranoia and it is now Saturday. And there is no support.  I do not know how to ensure that I have the product configured as it should be to properly protect my pc and my activities.  I understand from the Help page that my system is vulnerable at first because of the settings not being initially configured to protect the traffic in and outbound on my network.  I am fretting that I will find myself in a worse situation than when I came here.  

Does anyone have any advice or tips on configuration of the settings for security?  I am a student and I go to alot of websites that are more publicly traveled than I care to think about and I am in a good place to pick up any sort of junk that I do not need to mess up my pc.  Problem:  I have tons of work to do over this weekend and I am afraid to stay on the internet and especially to go to the sites.  Example: Two weeks ago while using Norton Safe Search in Edge browser (not my usual searching tool) I clicked on what was a slight variation of the site I was meaning to go to and I got some wild junk naked people on my screen, I had clicked something that was more than a bit "off!"  So anyway, I am a bit paranoid at this point. 

I relayed all of the above info so that if there is anyone who can offer advise or assistance, you will know what settings in particular I would need to ensure were configured correctly for my internet browsing activity and interactive use on the education websites, ie:  Connect McGRaw-Hill, and Pearson ed.  

I appreciate the time and consideration.  Have a great day folks!  

• Administrators

Unfortunately it's not clear what issue you are having. ESET products for home users are easy to install; it's not a rocket science or something that can only be handled by trained staff.

Bbasically all you need to do is:

1, Download the appropriate Live Installer for the product you've purchased from www.eset.com and run it.
2, During installation you can opt in for detection of potentially unwanted applications (e.g. various toolbars). Basically the installers requires you to click Next 3-4 times.
3, After installation just activate the product by selecting trial version in the activation window.

And that's it. We do not provide remote support for trial users but maybe some local resellers do.

I have THreats detected and major issues in the non-functioning computer scan. I followed the instructions on ESET help pages but when i click the link to submit the log there is no place to attach the log as per the instructions. can you help?

what do I do?  

I want to purchased, as i said, i do not need a free trial i need security!

• Administrators

What's the problem with detected threats? Did you get an error while cleaning when threats were detected? What do you mean by non-functional on-demand scan? Does it end immediately after you start one? Is the scanner crashing?

You can post your log here.

If you want to purchase ESET, there's a visible button in the gui that will open the purchase page of your local distributor.