Multiple issues with ERA

Hello,

I'm using ERA 5.0.511 with a mix of Endpoint Antivirus (5.0.2214) and Endpoint Security (5.0.2214) and I'm struggling with 2 issues :

- First the server won't recognize my license. We have 3 different licenses. Two are uploaded and recognized, but when I upload the third it's silently ignored (the license is not expired). I have contacted the support two weeks ago about this but still haven't had an answer. Is this a known issue? What are the limitations which restrict licenses from being handled by the server?

- The second is about the configuration editor. The DNS poisoning detection is giving a lot of false positive and I'd like to disable it, but I cannot find this option in the configuration editor, is it possible to edit this option remotely?

• Administrators

- First the server won't recognize my license. We have 3 different licenses. Two are uploaded and recognized, but when I upload the third it's silently ignored (the license is not expired). I have contacted the support two weeks ago about this but still haven't had an answer. Is this a known issue? What are the limitations which restrict licenses from being handled by the server?

If you view the license keys in a text editor, does the CUSTOMER_NAME field match in all 3 license keys?

The second is about the configuration editor. The DNS poisoning detection is giving a lot of false positive and I'd like to disable it, but I cannot find this option in the configuration editor, is it possible to edit this option remotely?

It's possible, although I admit it's hidden well - navigate to Personal firewall -> Settings -> Rule setup -> Advanced setup and click "Add default". If you'd like to troubleshoot the alleged false positive, please enable advanced PCAP logging in the Troubleshooting section of the IDS setup, reproduce the detection and then send me the log C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\EpfwLog.pcap.

Thanks for your answers.

If you view the license keys in a text editor, does the CUSTOMER_NAME field match in all 3 license keys?

I didn't realize they should all match, and indeed one of them don't. How can I get it changed, should I contact ESET directly or the company I brought the key from?

It's possible, although I admit it's hidden well - navigate to Personal firewall -> Settings -> Rule setup -> Advanced setup and click "Add default". If you'd like to troubleshoot the alleged false positive, please enable advanced PCAP logging in the Troubleshooting section of the IDS setup, reproduce the detection and then send me the log C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security\EpfwLog.pcap.

Great, thanks! It's indeed hidden well. For the false positive I'll try to reproduce it today, but it only happens for a few users and I think it's more likely caused by a poor network stack of their ADSL modems than by NOD.

• Administrators

I didn't realize they should all match, and indeed one of them don't. How can I get it changed, should I contact ESET directly or the company I brought the key from?

Yes, contact the distributor who should issue you a license key with a proper company name that would match the other keys. It shouldn't be a problem as long as all keys were purchased by the same company.

Yes, contact the distributor who should issue you a license key with a proper company name that would match the other keys. It shouldn't be a problem as long as all keys were purchased by the same company.

I contacted them today, thank again for the help.