configuration file

David Stanton

Hi

Have a client that uses ESET Endpoint and i need to add a load of exclusions in due to some software we will be installing (employee monitoring and recording).

At present we install ESET by pushing with CentraStage/Autotask and then normally connect when complete to enter serial/activate. (it would be cool to automate this step also!)

I know these things could be done via the remote administrator but i think im right in the thinking this needs to be installed within the same network so maybe not suitable?

Any 'easy' ways to do this?

• Administrators

ERA Server does not necessarily be installed within the same network. It's possible to install ERA Proxy in each of the networks (e.g. office branches); Enpoints in a particular network will then report to the ERA Proxy which then will communicate with ERAS. That said, as long as ERAS is accessible by ERA Proxy instances, it will work just fine.

Hi

I'm not really interested in ERAS/ERA as CentraStage monitors ESET effectivly and don't want to be checking in multiple places etc.

Could i use this and then export the config to a suitable file for either importing or bundling with an installation?

• ESET Staff

We are planning to introduce a full-blown command line management interface for ESET Endpoint products in Q3/2017 (summer time) in the next release of Endpoint 6 (6.6). This one will allow you control all aspects of the product using command line interface, including the activation / configuration export / import.