Agent failed connect to server, Handshake failed to complete

I'm using ERA 6.4 in my network, have around 60 clients, most of those clients are working fine, but one of computer failed to connect to server. I have looked into the log file, and found:

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "172.16.1.44" port: 2222' failed with: Receive: NodSslWriteEncryptedData: Handshake failed to complete.

This  computers installed the agent with same settings like others, because they are installed by the same liveinstall batch.

I have tried:

1. reinstall the agent

2. creat new cert and reinstall 

all of above methods doesn't help, any body here have any suggestions? many thanks

trace.log

• ESET Staff

Is this client's operating system different than others? Are there any differences in TLS/Security configuration of this client? Unfortunately from log it is not clear what causes this problem, except that TLS handshake fails, which may have multiple reasons:

• client may not be able to negotiate TLS parameters (supported TLS version, supported crypto algorithms) with server
  • we have seen similar error caused by problem in operating system itself, which could be resolved by installing official KB fix

Have you tried to restart this client machine? Also wireshark log of client->ERA communication may help us.

• 1 month later...
On 2017/1/21 at 0:07 AM, MartinK said:

we have seen similar error caused by problem in operating system itself, which could be resolved by installing official KB fix

actually I encountered 3 such case in different network, problem OS all are win 7? can't remember.

could you please provide a link of the official KB  which you mentioned to me ? it my help me resove this issue. great thanks.

• ESET Staff
6 hours ago, johnson.yuan said:

actually I encountered 3 such case in different network, problem OS all are win 7? can't remember.

could you please provide a link of the official KB  which you mentioned to me ? it my help me resove this issue. great thanks.

Unfortunately mentioned fixes were not intended for Windows7 -> this must be something different. Have you encountered similar errors in SERVER's trace log? Also I would recommend to open support ticket as this may require more details. In most cases, wireshark log (capture) of failed connection is required, as it will show whether it fails locally on client machine on remote peer.