License Renewal

Hi All,

I have a quick question, my license for ESET Multi-Device and Cyber Security Pro on my Mac is due to expire soon.  So, I renewed it through the application, paid for the renewal and received my confirmation. I think I read in the email confirmation that it might take 24-48 hours for the renewal to go into effect and that there was noting further I needed to do.  However, the new license, user name, & password are different than my old information.  Does the renewal occur automatically, or do i need to download the software again and use the new license, user name, and password? I believe I'm still protected for now, but am unsure what the next steps are.  This is my first renewal.

I would appreciate any tips and advice. Thanks in advance.

Jack's_Son

Edited by Jack's_Son
Spelling error.

• Administrators

A license renewal should take effect virtually immediately, it's just that it may take a few minutes or hours at maximum for a correct expiration date to be displayed in the product.

The username/password don't matter as you don't enter them in the program setup. What matters is the license number which should remain same and therefore the program should continue updating without your intervention.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Just adding that there might be a case where there is new license information for a renewal. It just happened to me a moment ago after having an older 3 year ESET Family Pack which is no longer offered, therefore automatically switching me to the new ESET Multi-Device. I could no longer use my previous license info and to continue I was required to enter the new license info. Not sure why, might depend on the vendor?

• 7 months later...

I renewed my 3 year license on September 19th by credit card.

I received an email confirmation from ESET.

Why am I today getting a warning about my license expiring in 13 days time?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

Sometimes the license renewal results in a new license key to enter into your ESET programs, and they usually arrive in a seperate email shortly after the email confirmation.

If you did not receive that email, and your license has now expired, contact ESET or the reseller you renewed from as soon as you can and explain the situation so you can have this resolved.

Edited by planet