Deploy ERA Agent using ESET Remote Administrator 5.x

I found this KB >> hxxp://support.eset.com.tr/kb6067/?locale=tr_TR&viewlocale=tr_TR  and wanting to use this but have some questions. on STEP 9 is it possible to use a UNC?  for example instead of starting with  https://website.domain/Agent.bat   could I use >> \\SERVERNAME\Folder1\Folder2\Agent.bat', 'C:/programdata/ESET/Agent.bat'))  ??   I tested and still not firing off. Has anyone had success with this option? 

Trying using file://\\SERVERNAME\Folder1\Folder2\Agent.bat

The KB uses Powershell command to download the batch file, so chances are you can use it by prefixing the address with file://. However please note that you need to make sure permissions are correct when using shared folders, because Scheduler executes command using local SYSTEM account, which means in an AD environment these are equal to computer accounts. So IMO the easiest way is to put the batch file in the Apache HTTP server installed by  ERA (C:\Program Files\Apache HTTP Proxy\htdocs) and use hxxp://era.server.com:3128/Agent.bat.

On ‎10‎.‎1‎.‎2017‎. at 6:45 PM, tmuster2k said:

no one has attempted this ? 

Tried to execute simple net use command from .bat but without success...

• 2 weeks later...

Instead using generated .bat file from ERA, i am create a simple script using autoit that stored configuration like ( hostname server, port server, agent certificate, and authority certificate ). You can see example here https://forum.eset.com/topic/5140-another-way-deployment-agent-and-endpoint-together/

Create custom package from ERA 5 (contains custom script + agent + endpoint ), then using ERA 5 push install task. IMO, the easy way to deploy agent if your environment MS Active Directory is via GPO or SCCM.

Edited by mahiralkhoir
add link reference