Microsoft Exchange Account

Hello,

please excuse my bad English. I am using Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials,

based on Exchange 2013.

I used Apple Mail and Outlook 2016 as email clients under MacOS Sierra.

Can I use Cyber Security for Mac to scan incoming mails for Mac and Windows viruses?

Thank you very much.

Greetings

• Administrators

It depends on what protocol is used to receive email. POP3 and IMAP is supported but the secure protocols POP3S and IMAPS aren't. The latter are used by gmail for instance.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

My Outlook indicates that a MAPI-HTTPS Protocol with SSL encryption is enabled. If this protocol is not supported by Cyber Security for Mac when retrieving mail, would the program then recognize viruses, if they are already in the mailbox?

Greetings from Germany

• 1 month later...
  • Most Valued Members
On 28/12/2016 at 2:23 AM, mysteria said:

Many thanks for the quick reply.

My Outlook indicates that a MAPI-HTTPS Protocol with SSL encryption is enabled. If this protocol is not supported by Cyber Security for Mac when retrieving mail, would the program then recognize viruses, if they are already in the mailbox?

Greetings from Germany

Hi mysteria,

You are correct, although Email Protection isn't applicable for SSL/IMAPS/POP3S, real-time protection should continue to monitor your sent and received emails and attachments within your email clients (Mail.app and Outlook 2016).