List of dirty malware sites

Adz

Good day everyone,

I find ESET NOD32 Internet protection module to be quite weak when it comes to detecting a malware site. I've tested some extreme malware sites while NOD32 internet module enabled, from my testing out of 30 sites only 8 were detected which is very disappointing.

NOD32 developers please take a view at this site, shows list of thousands of malware sites on the globe web. List is updated constantly daily basis. -- https://quttera.com/lists/malicious

Thank you.

• Administrators

I've checked the recent websites in the list and didn't find any reason to block any of them. If you come across undetected malware or domain/url that serves actual malware, report it to samples[at]eset.com. We cannot blindly block everything that appears on various lists published on the web without a good reason.

ESET's web access protection is actually very strong. We pay attention to what is blocked to avoid false positives.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

The site (quttera) seems to be nothing more than some sort of auto blacklist  ??

Never heard of the site (quttera) so ran a test on my own website and it came back as "potentially suspicious" and i have nothing more than a clean install of a cms on it.

Sounds like you pay to get whitelisted with them.

Like Marcos says, ESET's web access protection is very strong and it works in a totally different (legitimate) way as opposed to getting flagged as suspicious unless you pay them.

:huh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 minute ago, MaryLee said:

I always had the problem of malware in my system. I don't know what to do to remove them from my system. Could you help me with this.

We don't recommend doing topic hijacking, instead please create a new topic where we could discuss your issues. Also include information about what makes you think that your computer is infected. Do you have the latest v10 installed and have run a full disk scan with no malware found? Do you observe a suspicious behavior, such as bad performance, pop-up windows, etc?