says i need to update

Every now & then i get a message from Eset that says my security version - 9.0.408  - is out of date.  So i go online and do a check for upgrade.  And i get a message my version is up to date.

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks.

i have 14574 as of last update todate.

It does not seem to be asking to update - but to UPGRADE from 9.0.408.

When i do attempt an UPGRADE, it says i am at 9.0.408.

Thanks.

This has been frustrating for me as well.  In a previous version, I would even get a little popup from the system tray/notification area that I needed to update (virus sig, not product update).  Then I would open the program and click Update, and it would say - 'already up to date'.

Now the icon turns yellow, instead of having a popup text.  But often as not, when I open the program and go to the Update page, it says 'update not needed - already up to date'.

Seems like a simple problem to fix, especially for a proprietary program.  And especially because the end result is that I don't take the alert seriously anymore.  You know, that old story about the boy who cried "wolf".

Sorry I don't have any answers.  But you're not alone.  (Yes, I realize you're talking about upgrading rather than updating.  But they seem to behave similarly.)