I have a big problem after making a ESET Scan to my USB

Go to solution Solved by italocarella,

Hi guys. I really have a BIG problem. 

Today i performed an scan to my USB drive and it found the existence of several virus and trojans. The problem came after ESET cleaned it, as now i cant access to any of my files. It just appear three folders labeled "My pictures", "My Downloads" and "My documents". 

I thought that ESET just cleared it all, ereasing all files, but when i check the USB storage it is still full of files (but cant access to them,tho). I have also tried to enable hidden files, but nothing happened. 

Do any have a solution for this?

Thank you for all.  

post-14254-0-53402700-1477683969_thumb.png

post-14254-0-23525000-1477683976_thumb.png

• Administrators

You have a hidden folder named as empty space (" ") which contains original files that were moved there by the malware, not by ESET. Unhiding the folder and moving its content to the root of the usb drive will do the trick.

• ESET Insiders

Today i performed an scan to my USB drive and it found the existence of several virus and trojans. The problem came after ESET cleaned it, as now i cant access to any of my files. It just appear three folders labeled "My pictures", "My Downloads" and "My documents". 

I thought that ESET just cleared it all, ereasing all files, but when i check the USB storage it is still full of files (but cant access to them,tho). I have also tried to enable hidden files, but nothing happened. 

Thank you for all.  

And additionally to that what Marcos said, you have got also some links (not directories) on that pendrive which points to somewhere else (literally "My Download", "My Pictures", "My Videos"). If you put them here intentionally it is not a good idea, but there is also possibility that under that links you have got some links to malware source, so better check where that links points out.

[edit]

And to unhide that folder in your case in probably fastest way:

1. Right click on WIndows menu and select "Command prompt (administrator)"
  2. In opened command prompt type in: f: and press enter
  3. And now type in: attrib -h -s -r " " exactly with quotes and one space between them and press enter, this will unhide your folder
  4. And now you can easily change name of it by ren " " "foldername" (please replace foldername by name you want) and press enter
Edited by mandiato

• Solution

You have a hidden folder named as empty space (" ") which contains original files that were moved there by the malware, not by ESET. Unhiding the folder and moving its content to the root of the usb drive will do the trick.

Thank you for all.  

Thanks for your time. I try Mandiato's method and nothing happend. :(

Is there maybe a tool to see that hidden folder?

post-14254-0-37085400-1477927959_thumb.png

Edited by italocarella

• ESET Insiders

Thank you for all.  

Thanks for your time. I try Mandiato's method and nothing happend. :(

Is there maybe a tool to see that hidden folder?

Maybe this is a some UTF-8 character used in name which looks like " ", in that case after attrib -h -s -r please push tab key so many times until it shows you " " itself. And dont't forget to ren command, also instead of " " try to use tab key until it shows you " ".

Regards

Edited by mandiato