Error code 0

Go to solution Solved by Jaapyse,

Hey Forum,

I'm figuring out all the ins and outs of using ERA, but there are a few hitches. The main one is this:

I installed an ERA agent on my workstation for testing purposes. After a lot of testing I got it to send messages and even uninstall my old version of ESET endpoint. However, now that I want to remotely install ESET Endpoint Security 6, it just fails time and time again. It's not the licensing, that's valid till next year. It's not firewall stuff, because I checked it using the links on hxxp://support.eset.com/kb5667/?viewlocale=en_USand I got the meta file. It's not a connection problem because I can ping the workstation from the ERA server and it works just fine, even when using hostname instead of IP adress. When I look in the log file of my agent I see:

2016-10-28 13:04:58 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread d24]: Software installation failed: GetFile: Failed to download 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1//info.meta' with response code 0

Could it be that it doesn't send the right repository? I can hardly imagine hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1//info.metato be the right repository...

That's all I have. Please help me out, I am out of ideas.

- Jaapyse

• ESET Staff

Please check HTTP Proxy configuration of your AGENT (ideally using exported configuration) as most probable cause of this error is that download through HTTP Proxy failed. It is possible that HTTP proxy was auto-configured during initial deployment and that proxy is actually not running or it is not accessible from AGENT.

Hey Martin,

This solved the problem! Thank you very much!

The next (and quite likely final) problem I have is that Server Task Agent deployment is blocked by the ESET firewall because the connections come from another network. Is there a workaround via ERA or something or do I need to use an Activer Directory Computer Group Policy?

- Jaapyse

• ESET Staff

Unfortunately there is no workaround for bypassing firewall. You will have to either configure firewall so that connections from ERA are not blocked (this may be problem in case many computers are affected), or you will have to use different AGENT deployment method, including GPO, SSCM or other third-party tool that you are using.

Hey Martin,

I've been messing around with GPO's for an entire day and I can hardly get a single PC to connect. I'm hopeless! It works, then it doesn't on other machines, then I remove the first one and it doesn't come back anymore, I'm restarting computers left and right, changing the policy in every possible way, getting back to the manual, following instructions, doesn't help, it's total chaos and I can't get a single thing to do what I want. It's the absolute worst!

Please help me out with this, I don't know what to do...

- Jaapyse