ESS 10 final and Internet Explorer

• ESET Insiders

I installed ESS 10.0.369.0 and had trouble with Internet Explorer freezing. As I had made no other changes I suspected it was ESS. I disabled it and it made no difference. I uninstalled it and things started to work again. I haven't seen any other complaints of this issue so I installed it in a virtual machine to see if it was repeatable and Internet Explorer will not load any websites at all. Edge works fine. Maybe this hasn't been encountered because nobody is using IE anymore. I don't use it as my primary browser but I always test to see if there are issues. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Personally, I don't think IE11 lockup/restarting/ etc. issues related to Eset. I have had them off and on since I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. I recently totally reset IE11 to default values which greatly improved performance. But I am still getting an occasional auto restart upon IE11 shutdown for example.

There are issues with OPP on IE11 w/advanced EPM enabled that I am presently working with Eset for a resolution.