Banking protection doesn't work

When I open my bank "Swedbank" , banking protection doesn't start, I tried open paypal but still nothing... Tried to add manually to bank protection but still nothing

I'm using google chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 m (64-bit)

Please help

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The bank is indeed on our list and it is usually detected (I have just tested it).

The issue may be with your browser, we are currently working on an update to the Banking and Payment Protection module that will add support for that build of Chrome.

Once it is released, it will be downloaded automatically, you do not need to do anything.

• ESET Moderators

Hello itman,

I tried the mentioned websites in IE11 on Windows 10 and they were correctly detected and redirected to the secured browser.

Can you please send me a PM with your specific OS build and IE build and the exact error message (if any), along with output from ESET Log Collector for further analysis?

Also, please specify whether the behavior is the same in all browsers on your computer and whether the same happens for other banking websites as well.

Thanks

Hello itman,

I tried the mentioned websites in IE11 on Windows 10 and they were correctly detected and redirected to the secured browser.

Can you please send me a PM with your specific OS build and IE build and the exact error message (if any), along with output from ESET Log Collector for further analysis?

Also, please specify whether the behavior is the same in all browsers on your computer and whether the same happens for other banking websites as well.

Thanks

Just sent you the Eset logs. Only use one browser - IE11.

Like I posted, I tried three banking web sites including Swedbank and none opened in a BPP secured browser window from IE11. For my own banking web site, I previously just added it manually to list of protected sites in BPP.

-EDIT- I do have advanced EPM enabled in IE 11 x64, so IE is running in AppContainer. This doesn't seem to impact my own bank site fron starting BPP from IE11 but again it was manually added. This might have something to do with accessing the internal bank whitelist perhaps with advanced EPM enabled?

Edited by itman

I found a solution to this problem in an excellent mag.  

I have been struggling with an issue of IE hanging and BPP not able to launch since the windows 10 anniversary edition update.  My ESET smart security version is the latest 9.0.402.0, I always update to be sure I am fully protected.

I have tried ALL the online suggestions to get this fixed, to no avail, and then read the article "Online Tracking". I followed the advice to shut down all the reporting back to Microsoft options including disabling Cortana and everything now works again...

Edited by TomasP
removed unnecessary references to a specific magazine, to make the post sound less like an advertisement, as per forum rule #16

• ESET Moderators

I found a solution to this problem in an excellent mag.  

I have been struggling with an issue of IE hanging and BPP not able to launch since the windows 10 anniversary edition update.  My ESET smart security version is the latest 9.0.402.0, I always update to be sure I am fully protected.

I have tried ALL the online suggestions to get this fixed, to no avail, and then read the article "Online Tracking". I followed the advice to shut down all the reporting back to Microsoft options including disabling Cortana and everything now works again...

I highly doubt this would have any influence over the discussed functionality.

and then read the article "Online Tracking". I followed the advice to shut down all the reporting back to Microsoft options including disabling Cortana and everything now works again...

I agree this has nothing to do with BPP functionality. I have Cortana telemetry disabled via policy settings using OOSU10. I still can't access banking sites via normal IE11 browser mode.

Edited by itman

I have recently had a number of clients complaining of the same thing, ESET BPP not coming up when relevant sites are accessed, and i've just tested it myself and am seeing the same. It seems to have stopped working at some point last week. for both of us.

As a reseller, I'd like to be able to explain to my customers why this is happening. It is true for me across all browsers and apparently all sites, and BPP is even not displayed if I set a site to explicitly use it in the settings.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working with Eset in regards to IE11 OPP issues and below are the results of my findings:

1. If you upgraded to Win 10, especially from Win 7, reset IE11 to default values. Make sure you export your Favorites settings as a precaution although when I did a reset in Win 10, all mine were still present after the reset.

This alone greatly improved IE11's operation and performance for me and cleared up most of the OPP startup issues. My opinion is the Win 10 upgrade "hosed" a few IE11 internal settings.

2. If you use other security software, thoroughly test those for conflicts. In my testing, I found OPP to be quite "temperamental" when the advanced settings EPM protection options are enabled in regards to other security software. For example if you use EMET and the "64 bit processes EPM" option is enabled, EMET's deep hooks option must be disabled.

I have been working with Eset in regards to IE11 OPP issues and below are the results of my findings:

1. If you upgraded to Win 10, especially from Win 7, reset IE11 to default values. Make sure you export your Favorites settings as a precaution although when I did a reset in Win 10, all mine were still present after the reset.

This alone greatly improved IE11's operation and performance for me and cleared up most of the OPP startup issues. My opinion is the Win 10 upgrade "hosed" a few IE11 internal settings.

2. If you use other security software, thoroughly test those for conflicts. In my testing, I found OPP to be quite "temperamental" when the advanced settings EPM protection options are enabled in regards to other security software. For example if you use EMET and the "64 bit processes EPM" option is enabled, EMET's deep hooks option must be disabled.

Why Should I do something with IE if I'm using Google chrome?

Why Should I do something with IE if I'm using Google chrome?

The reply was directed to posters in this thread using IE11.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nothing is working for me either with

Smart Security Premium 10.0.369.0

Banking & payment protection module: 1092 (20161130)

Firefox 50.0.2

Windows Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 bit edition
Version  10.0.14393 Build 14393

httx://www.mbna.ca/doesn't trigger anything

httx://www.pcfinancial.ca/doesn't trigger anything

Manually adding them does nothing either.

Edited by foneil
delinked URLs