ESET IS 10.0.359.1 losing the ESET Main GUI after wake from monitor sleep.

• ESET Insiders

After waking from ONLY a monitor sleep, the ESET Main UI (egui.exe) disappears from: Taskmanager > Process / Users / Details. When logout and login again it fires back up.

post-3436-0-18390200-1475870126_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Edited by m4v3r1ck

• ESET Insiders

Additional issue!

Being in Interactive mode for the firewall protection, some pop-ups for rules suddenly disappear. the tray-icon disappears and the ESET main splash-screen shows itself again. Never ever had this behaviour in previous versions of my ESET CSP and SS! Sometimes the EGUI.exe is no longer present in Task Manager!

Help appreciated!

Cheers

Edited by m4v3r1ck

• Administrators

It sound like egui is crashing. Please check your system event log for records related to possible egui crashes. I'd suggest contacting Customer care and providing them with the output from ESET Log Collector as well.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Please also change the dump type to full in advanced setup, Tools > Diagnostics.

Then, once it crashes, provide the support with the dump as well.

T.

• ESET Insiders

Hi TomasP,

Uninstalled ESET IS 10.0.359.1 and re-installed ESET SS 10.0.359.1 on my workflow machine and no more crashing of the GUI.  :o

So for now I'll keep this version of ESSv10, as I don't need/want to use my workflow machine as a test-rig, I'll install and test the EIS v10 at a later moment again onto a test-SSD. Keep you posted.

Cheers