Troubles with re-installation

Earlier this month I bought and downloaded  ESET Smart Security 9 / 2016 / 9.0. Unfortunately other computer problems caused the program to be uninstalled. Now on attempting to reinstall, I fail, and am asked to do a special scan. That scan finds nothing amiss with several attempts made.

Can someone, please, advice me how to get over this problem?

• Administrators

I'd suggest running the ESET Uninstall tool in safe mode, uninstalling ESET and after booting to normal mode, installing v9 from scratch.

Should the problem persist, the best course of action would be contacting your local custom care, creating a support ticket and enclosing the output from the ESET Log Collector tool (see hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/ for instructions). You can also upload it to a safe location and pm me a download link in case the cause of the issue is obvious from the logs.

Later I collected the log and found that apparently no product type had been found! :rolleyes: Therefore I wiped all of the old installation and effected a clean install. So far all seems OK, but here is link to the latest log in case there's anything still not right.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B16WAVYKSZrBRTNJR0J3QlNMeVE

Apologies for any nuisance caused.