[Feedback][Linux]System freeze

Arki

Hello !

This is a feedback;

I was testing nod32 antivirus on my home linux (Manjaro with kde5). At one point the system froze to death a few seconds after I log into it via the graphic session.

Since Nod32 was in the last softs I installed, I took it to uninstall it. But I had to do it from a non graphic tty (Ctrl+alt+F12). So since the uninstaller isn't working under this condition I removed by hand
sudo rm -rf /opt/eset
After a reboot the session was stable enough so I could clean up eset from the system (service and ld preload).
sudo systemctl disable esets.service
sudo nano -w /etc/ld.so.preload

and delete the row libesetspac.so and save.

I did messed up my wifi adaptor with aircrack-ng and wireshark. It might come from me (I'm pretty sure of this) and linux is safe enough but it might be a serious bug.

• Former ESET Employees

Are you using ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux or did you try to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows onto a Linux distro? see: https://www.eset.com/fr/home/products/antivirus-linux/

Have you verified that the version and distro of Linux you're using is compatible with the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux? see: 

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 for Linux Desktop
  • Debian 6.0.7
  • Fedora 18
  • Mandriva
  • Red Hat
  • SuSE
  • Ubuntu 12.10 and most RPM- and DEB-package manager based distributions 

•  

• 4 months later...
On 16/9/2016 at 1:02 AM, dwomack said:

Are you using ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux or did you try to install ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows onto a Linux distro? see: https://www.eset.com/fr/home/products/antivirus-linux/

Do you think he/she/apache helicopter is so dumb that he/she/apache helicopter would install a windows program on a Linux distro?

I too faced the same problem on linux . There are threads on this issue but there is no solution. Eset slows down my distro to crawl. I really need someone to fix this