An upgrade will take place on June 18, 2024 during the midday hours (UTC). The Forum will not be accessible for a short period of time. ×

ESET Endpoint Antivirus running 50% CPU usage constantly

Kaiam

Hi

I have a machine running Windows XP SP3 with ESET Endpoint Antivirus V5.0.2254.0 installed. (Windows is fully up to date with updates)

EKRN.EXE is constantly running at 50% minimum, sometimes up to 90-99%

I have uninstalled and re-installed the client 10+ times, ran Malwarebytes etc. several times, ran sfc /scannow several times.

I have uninstalled Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

I have disabled Real-time File protection etc. all to no avail, can anyone please help resolve this issue?

I have checked out several entries on this forum but as yet I haven't found one where the issue has been resolved successfully.

Hi

I have a machine running Windows XP SP3 with ESET Endpoint Antivirus V5.0.2254.0 installed. (Windows is fully up to date with updates)

EKRN.EXE is constantly running at 50% minimum, sometimes up to 90-99%

I have uninstalled and re-installed the client 10+ times, ran Malwarebytes etc. several times, ran sfc /scannow several times.

I have uninstalled Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

I have disabled Real-time File protection etc. all to no avail, can anyone please help resolve this issue?

I have checked out several entries on this forum but as yet I haven't found one where the issue has been resolved successfully.

Try first upgrade to latest 5.0.2265.0 version.

• Administrators

A complete application dump of ekrn.exe would likely reveal the cause. Please use Procdump by Microsoft to create one by running "procdump -ma ekrn". When done, compress it, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.