lisence on client won't update

macros

hello,

our user already renew they lisence, and from console expired to aug 2017.

post-7794-0-14391700-1466388342_thumb.png

but from client, it says lisence will end 12 day.

post-7794-0-90146600-1466388351_thumb.png

should we reactivate all client every time we renew the lisence?

• ESET Staff

License should get updated automatically. There are few possible reasons:

1, you have activated this particular client via an offline lucense file (I see, that you have one generated)

2, the client is no longer possible to communicate with edf.eset.com

3, there was a problem when syncing our licensing systems (but this seems unlikely as the license in ERA shows the correct date).

Can you send me the screen shot of your license screen. What is the license expiry thate there? Does this happen on all of the computers or just few (one)? Can you send me the "seatname" as listed in "about" section of Endpoint security? We will use it for troubleshooting.

License should get updated automatically. There are few possible reasons:

1, you have activated this particular client via an offline lucense file (I see, that you have one generated)

2, the client is no longer possible to communicate with edf.eset.com

3, there was a problem when syncing our licensing systems (but this seems unlikely as the license in ERA shows the correct date).

Can you send me the screen shot of your license screen. What is the license expiry thate there? Does this happen on all of the computers or just few (one)? Can you send me the "seatname" as listed in "about" section of Endpoint security? We will use it for troubleshooting.

hello,

1. yes, they said mostly computer client activate from offline lisence, because more eficient then activate via era that fail frequently.

for this case, they should reactivate with new offline lisence?

here screenshoot.

post-7794-0-33811600-1466408452_thumb.png

post-7794-0-49411200-1466408464_thumb.png

thank you,

Edited by macros

• ESET Staff

If the computer was activated with a offline license, then in case of a renewal / upgrade, they need to do the following:

1. Renew the license
  2. Generate a new offline license file, and import it into ESET remote administrator
  3. Activate all of the computers with the new offline file.

However, on the first screenshot, the license indicates, that 232 out of 250 seats on the license were activated "online", meaning that the license should be updated on the client automatically.

The second screenshot, with the PLID 33C-4CS-AA7 is not the same license, as they have different expiration date, and also this one is for 400 seats, instead of 250. Also, it shows the correct validity for 2018, in which case it should not display the error you have posted, as there is a correct expiration date for this seat. So I am a bit confused - is it, or is it not the same instance of the client? Than you.

If the computer was activated with a offline license, then in case of a renewal / upgrade, they need to do the following:

1. Renew the license
  2. Generate a new offline license file, and import it into ESET remote administrator
  3. Activate all of the computers with the new offline file.

However, on the first screenshot, the license indicates, that 232 out of 250 seats on the license were activated "online", meaning that the license should be updated on the client automatically.

The second screenshot, with the PLID 33C-4CS-AA7 is not the same license, as they have different expiration date, and also this one is for 400 seats, instead of 250. Also, it shows the correct validity for 2018, in which case it should not display the error you have posted, as there is a correct expiration date for this seat. So I am a bit confused - is it, or is it not the same instance of the client? Than you.

sorry for my mistake with wrong screenshoot.

edited with right screenshoot now.

for step number 3, they need to do this via ERA task?

• ESET Staff

Yes, they have to do it via ERA task. As the Endpoint does not have any seat name, then I really think it was activated using offline license file.  I would also recommend upgrading the Endpoint client, as it is running version 6.1 which is quite old.

Yes, they have to do it via ERA task. As the Endpoint does not have any seat name, then I really think it was activated using offline license file.  I would also recommend upgrading the Endpoint client, as it is running version 6.1 which is quite old.

i will suggest them to upgrade when era version 6.4 release along with era.

when user upload offline lisence, it says: Failed to add lisence by security admin credential: The provided security admin credential are invalid.

post-7794-0-29529900-1466489061_thumb.jpg

post-7794-0-15785400-1466489108_thumb.jpg

Edited by macros

• ESET Staff

What you have used as security admin credentials? To use the security admin feature, you have to fist register your account at ESET License Administrator: https://ela.eset.com/SecurityAdmin/Registration

Then you have to "add licenses by license key", for which you will need your license key (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) and your ESET License Administrator Password (which you should have received after a license purchase or conversion).

Once done, you have to make sure, your ESET Remote Administrator server machine is able to reach https://edf.eset.com/edf(it should open the page like in the screenshot attached).

post-35-0-02855800-1466492009_thumb.png

post-35-0-39021800-1466492009_thumb.png

post-35-0-89201900-1466492009_thumb.png

Edited by MichalJ