Sub Domain computers are not seen by ERA 6

Customer has one MAIN Parent domain and 2 SUBDOMAINS. the subdomains are on a different layer 2 subnet but can be pinged from main network. ERA6 is not picking up any computers from the sub domains.

what kind of AD synch task would need to be customized for these systems to be seen by ERA6. I confirmed that hostname is pingable from main network but inputting the IP address of hostname on a ERA search from the TOP yields no results. 

• ESET Staff

Customer has one MAIN Parent domain and 2 SUBDOMAINS. the subdomains are on a different layer 2 subnet but can be pinged from main network. ERA6 is not picking up any computers from the sub domains.

what kind of AD synch task would need to be customized for these systems to be seen by ERA6. I confirmed that hostname is pingable from main network but inputting the IP address of hostname on a ERA search from the TOP yields no results. 

I am not sure I understand correctly. By "ERA6 is not picking up" you mean that computers from sub-domains are not synchronized by AD synchronization task? If this is the case, customer will most probably have to create additional AD synchronization task, for each domain controller. If problem is not in synchronization, please provide more details.

I am not sure I understand correctly. By "ERA6 is not picking up" you mean that computers from sub-domains are not synchronized by AD synchronization task? If this is the case, customer will most probably have to create additional AD synchronization task, for each domain controller. If problem is not in synchronization, please provide more details.

Yes. the synch task is not bringing any computers from these sub domains. Regardless of the synch task, shouldn't eset find these machines when doing a search for the hostname or Ip address at the top OF ERA 6 console?   And can you provide example of what a synch task would look like for a SUB DOMAIN?  thanks. 

• ESET Staff

Yes. the synch task is not bringing any computers from these sub domains. Regardless of the synch task, shouldn't eset find these machines when doing a search for the hostname or Ip address at the top OF ERA 6 console?   And can you provide example of what a synch task would look like for a SUB DOMAIN?  thanks. 

Search is used only to find computer that already exists in ERA. It does not perform any kind of network or external database search.

Regarding AD synchronization, are those sub-domains managed by single domain controller - the same as main domain? In case they use different domain controllers, they can create new AD synchronization task and specify DC server hostname.