Help: What is this firewall (Interactive mode) dialog in ESS 9?

Go to solution Solved by wirebreak0,

I'm using ESS 9 with firewall in Interactive mode.

Today, for the first time, a dialog popped up and I clicked the "Block" button without reading. I need help identifying this dialog so I know what I just did.

This is not the typical dialog with the buttons "Allow" and "Deny", that comes up when an application tries to connect to the Internet.

The only thing I remember is that this dialog looked similar, involved "chrome.exe" and some other url, and had the buttons "Block" and "Allow".

Would appreciate it if someone knows what it is or have a screenshot.

• Administrators

If you had a rule for http communication created and your browser has recently updated, ESET asked you if you want to block or allow the communication for the application that has been modified. Check your firewall rules.

If you had a rule for http communication created and your browser has recently updated, ESET asked you if you want to block or allow the communication for the application that has been modified. Check your firewall rules.

I don't think it's because the application was modified. Also, the firewall rules are unchanged.

Some other info I remembered:

I think the dialog is blue, same as the typical Interactive firewall dialog.

The other URL shown in the dialog had "pricepeep.net" in it. After some search I believe it is "static.pricepeep00.pricepeep.net", which is malware-related. However I do not seem to be infected with it.

So what dialog was that? Was Chrome trying to connect to the URL? If so, why was there a dialog (Chrome is already allowed by the firewall)?.

Edited by wirebreak0

Take a screen shot the next time the alert appears and post same so we know what you are talking about.