Backup Eras Database

Guest Matrak

Guest Matrak

Hello all,

i want to backup ERAS's database automatically ? is there a way to do this ? Because actually i use manually the  GUI Era Tool,

Thanks you,

Guest_Matrak_,

The option to use command line to backup the database in the same format (.DMP file) is not available currently. Waht I would recommend is to either use PERL scripting to run the maintenace tool and back it up or use traditional scripting to copy the folder that has the raw MDB file and if an issue occurs, you can reinstall the same version of the Remote Administrator and drop the files into the same directory after rebuild and ESET will use the database (folder locations below):

• Server 2003, XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\
  • Server 2008, 2011, Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\

The only thing you would need to know is that this backup style will not work on any other version of the Remote Administrator. The installation for recovery would need to be the exact same build for this to work. If you want to upgrade, you will need to complete the actions you did above by opening the Maintenance tool and manually backing it up to a DMP file.