Eset Remote agent reporting wrong software

Mra

Hi, 

We have these two installed on workstations

ESET Remote Administrator Agent

ESET Endpoint Antivirus

Using the "Installed Applications" report it seems as if there is something not updating. I came accross an issue where I had two workstations reporting that they were on an older version of Chrome;

post-11872-0-77609100-1460418092_thumb.png

So I log on while at the physical desk to see why Google Update isn't working, once I check I see that Chrome was actually 49.

I went back to the console and tried to generate new logs and it still reports the old version of Chrome. I even completed a SysInspector Request. 

Is there something I'm missing? Is it not fully supported, checking of 3rd party apps?

• ESET Staff

Hi, 

We have these two installed on workstations

ESET Remote Administrator Agent

ESET Endpoint Antivirus

Using the "Installed Applications" report it seems as if there is something not updating. I came accross an issue where I had two workstations reporting that they were on an older version of Chrome;

So I log on while at the physical desk to see why Google Update isn't working, once I check I see that Chrome was actually 49.

I went back to the console and tried to generate new logs and it still reports the old version of Chrome. I even completed a SysInspector Request. 

Is there something I'm missing? Is it not fully supported, checking of 3rd party apps?

Is this still problem? It is most probably caused by interval checking, or possibly missed notification of changed software. Does restarting system/AGENT fix this issue?

Yes, the two clients (out of the other 14 with chrome) are still not reporting the correct version of software.

Is there a difference in how ESET sees a system shutdown vs restart? Because the users usuall shutdown - but I will have to see if they have ever done a restart. 

Edited by Mra

• ESET Staff

Could you please try to find "Google Chrome" referenced in affected machines registry under key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall]

as that is main source of installed applications for AGENT. Please check whether there is only one entry, and what version it is registered with.

From screenshot we can also see, that also support for quiet uninstall is different for those two Google Chrome versions .. what type of installer has been used for upgrade?