prompt request

mohammad Ahmad

I need an ( Eset antivirus ) which needs not for more updating because our current internet is very slow and let's say that we haven't internet access many times a day or a week. This antivirus program is more than avaira on needing for update but it is better on protection

Keep posting in your thread here instead of starting another one.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/7859-virus-signature-database-failure/

I am not sure I understand everything you post in the thread. But I assume that if you Disable automatic updating of the VSD so it won't check for updates every 60min, then you won't receive the error messages when the update attempt fails due to no and/or bad internet connectivity cause the product can't connect to ESET's servers. And instead click the update button manually when you want/have the ability to update.

You don't get around the updates, they are part of every AV product on the market.

You should also understand what you say -> "but it is better on protection" -> are connected to keeping the product up-to-date.

The product displays the error messages to let the ESET user know that the product is not working/updating properly as it should, and maximum protection can't be assured, it is expected and normal behaviour of malfunctioning security products.

• Former ESET Employees

Since this conversation is already active with this user on another thread (linked above by SWeX) I am locking this thread.