ESET SSL Filter CA about to expire

sjpt4x

Hi,

We are currently running ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6.3.2 in our environment with SSL scanning switched on.

We have a website with a certificate about to expire. We have uploaded a new certificate and verified this with clients not running ESET but clients with ESET SSL scanning enabled are still showing the old certificate expiration date.

What I want to know is what will happen when this date is reached? Will ESET automatically get the new certificate with the new date or will ESET start to complain?

Best Regards,

S

• Administrators

When enabling SSL/TLS scanning, a root certificate valid for 10 years is created. Please provide a screen shot as it's not clear what you mean by "clients with ESET SSL scanning enabled are still showing the old certificate expiration date."

Hi,

I have attached a screenshot of the certificate expiry date. As you can see the old certificate is set to expire on the 7th March 2016. We have already uploaded a new certificate to our website but the expiry date has not changed for those clients running ESET that had already visited the website while the old certificate was still in place. They are still showing the old date.

Client that had already visited the website {showing old certificate}

hxxp://i64.tinypic.com/xly2bl.jpg

New client visiting the website {showing new certificate correctly}

hxxp://i67.tinypic.com/10r1e91.jpg

Regards,

S