Download av updates from apache proxy or from Internet

RedLine
Go to solution Solved by zloyDi,

Hello,

Is it possible to setup updates in ERA Policies that if client in internal network than download from Apache HTTP proxy but if clients is outside and has connection with Internet than download updates from ESET Servers?

Thank you

Thank you for asnwer.

But after this configuration i have strange problem.

I will describe.

1. I don`t use Proxy server in SETUP->TOOLS

2. I`ve confugred MyProfile to download updates from internal ERA Server (Apache HTTP Proxy)

Connect through proxy and add IP and port

When I connected to Internal network it works

3. I`ve configured non-proxy update profile to not use proxy

When I connect to external network ESET can`t update.

But if I remove Proxy settings in first Myprofile update profile then I can download updates from Internet when I connected to external network. But if I connect to internal network and trying to download updates, Endpoint cant download it...

How  I can resolve this problem?

• Administrators

Did you test it by right-clicking the regular update task with a primary and secondary update profile configured and selecting "Run now" ? Clicking "Update now" will update only using the primary update profile settings.

Did you test it by right-clicking the regular update task with a primary and secondary update profile configured and selecting "Run now" ? Clicking "Update now" will update only using the primary update profile settings.

OMG. Thank you very much for this post. I lost two hours to resolve this problem...

Right click on a task and it works!!!

I think that will be better to link the secondary connection with Update now button. If a primary connection not working then automatically try to update with a secondary connection

As I good understand, the program will by automatically download updates in internal and external netowrks, but if I want to download updates manually in external then I need  to use Run now in the tasks list? Right?