Issue with activation

Actually upgrading from ESET 5 to 6 on a new servers

After some difficulties to deploy clients, I succeeded for one

I finally found that it needs to be activated (was automatic in version 5 when connected to server, huge regression there, additionnal step needed, additionnal burden)

Tried to create a task for activating client, but it just never launch.

Trigger could be "as soon as possible" or in 2 mn, the task dont start. I am unable to activate client right now

Any help?

post-10825-0-27010900-1455029084_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

If you check client's details, does it show that the client (agent) has recently connected to ERAS? For automatic activation of security products, I'd suggest creating an activation task and binding it to the "Not activated security products" dynamic group so that it's run automatically as soon as a computer falls into that group.

If you check client's details, does it show that the client (agent) has recently connected to ERAS? For automatic activation of security products, I'd suggest creating an activation task and binding it to the "Not activated security products" dynamic group so that it's run automatically as soon as a computer falls into that group.

Right, found it somewhere on a YouTube tutorial a bit later. But so unfriendly, this task should exist and be activated as a default option. Thanks anyway Marcos

• Administrators

You don't need to use an activation task if you specify a license to be used for activation when creating a software install task. There are usually several ways how to accomplish a particular task and I'm sure you'll find the one that is most convenient for you as you become familiar with v6.