upgrade to 9 for Nod 32

graesid

Do I install 32 bit or 64 bit and please confirm I can install the upgrade over the top of my current version 8.. Should I wait for a notification  from Eset to perform upgrade

Graeme

Hello Graeme. 32 or 64 bit depends on what your operating system is. Take a look at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb523/.

As far as doing an overlay, please review https://forum.eset.com/topic/6261-eset-nod32-antivirus-9-has-been-released/.

You do not have to wait for a gui prompt to upgrade ((as far as I know NOD32 v9 has been released worldwide).EDIT: I guess the Japanese version is still in the works.)

Edited by TomFace

Thank you I have 64 bit windows 10  on my machine  .following the instructions they do not appear to give me the option for downloading 64 bit  am I missing something ?

You can download the 64 bit offline installer from hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2885/

Perhaps someone else can confirm this, but I believe the live installer determines which version you need. (I mostly use the offline installer)

Edited by TomFace

Thanks for your help I seem to have done the update successfully.

I am just getting one notification which tells me I have a protocol filtering problem   and it mentions HTTP and POP3 , I do not know what this means and if it is important