Hi, dns keeper ads remove help

holliwoon

I'm new here. this program gets installed without any notice and nearly messes up Safari and Chrome browsers. Google lists some posts like this one giving a detailed introduction of the malware. It seems it's dangerous. Tried some security applications but failed. Not list in control panel. What should I do then?

Window 7 64bit

AMD Athlon 3.4GHz

4 GB RAM

• ESET Moderators

Hello, for malware removal, please contact the local ESET support office in your country, as we provide this service to our customers with a valid license.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, has your problem been solved? I also encountered DNS Keeper ads problem several days again and finally removed them from PC by repairing my DNS address. I googled and found the solution in this post.

DNS Keeper may have changed your default DNS settings. You can follow the steps below to repair it by yourself. (Take Windows 7 for example)

Click Start button, go to Control Panel and click the View network status and tasks link under Network and Internet category. (Note: The control panel screen is under View by: Category)

view-network.png

Then click on Local Area Connection.

local-area-connection.png

In the pop-up Local Area Connection 2 Status window, you click on Properties button.

properties.png

Click on Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) then click Properties button.

ipv4.png

Select the Obtain DNS server address automatically option and click on OK button.

obtain-DNS.png

Hope it can do your trick.

Good luck.