DHCP and ERA v6.x

I have a customer that we deployed ERA v6.x to, which happily had everything running like a clock for about a week.  Then their endpoints got new IP addresses from DHCP leases expiring (they set their DHCP leases to renew once per week), and everything stopped checking in.  All tasks pushed to these machines now fail, and they remain disconnected from the ERAS as shown in the Web Console.

I checked the customer's DHCP settings, and they do have the creation of new PTR records enabled when IPs change for the reverse DNS lookup zone.  They also have DNS scavenging enabled. 

Is ERA v6.x not approved for environments using DHCP, or am I missing something/doing something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to fix the problem for this customer by adjusting scavenging settings for them.  Although their DHCP was indeed creating new PTR records in the reverse DNS lookup zone, the A records were not being deleted quickly enough, so there were still issues with a hostname having multiple IP addresses.  We tuned the scavenging down to nearly mirror the length of the DHCP leases.

Well for example, their leases were for 12 hours, and the last they reported back to me (they have their own onsite IT staff, and I was just assisting so I don't have access to confirm this), but they indicated to me that scavenging every 24 hours resolved the problem they were having.