Deploying ESET Agent via ERA

Hello, 

When we want to install the agent via the Agent Deployment Server Task, we have to add the machine to our Firewalls exception list. I'm not sure what would be causing this as all the machines are local and the installation shouldn't go out to the internet unless it's downloading a file? 

Does anyone know if this is the case and if there is an easier solution?

Thanks.

• Administrators

The Agent installation package is downloaded from ESET's repository. However, you can edit Agent live installer and change the url to a local url.

The Agent installation package is downloaded from ESET's repository. However, you can edit Agent live installer and change the url to a local url.

Is the Live installer only used for installing the agent via a pen drive/shared folder/email etc as the guide suggests or can it be used to install the agent remotely?

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, how can I do this? I need to deploy 600 agents and I really don't want to be downloading 40gb of data for no reason!