Agent install fails from VA to Windows domain client

Go to solution Solved by tippers,

I'm migrating from v5 ERA to v6 appliance and I'm having trouble deploying the agent to Windows clients (all Windows 7).  I know the permissions, shares and firewall policies are all correctly set a the v5 ERA deploys using the domain admin credentials.

The VA doesn't offer much information on failures but this post (https://forum.eset.com/topic/4660-please-help-troubleshoot-agent-deploymet-failures/) has helped me find the trace.log file on the appliance.  The error message from the log is:

* Error details: Remote installer finished with 1619 (0x653)

What does this mean please?

i was having the same problem, but i found a report its name is agent deployment tasks information in last 30 days, press generate now.

this report will tell you what is happening after install the agent what fail and why, if your client gateway is ISA server or the firewall is enable, the agent will not install to the c;ient, i dont know what ports to be open on the ISA to allow agent to be install.

Edited by sharabasy

Thanks but the report gives no detailed information about why it fails, just lists all the usual reasons why it might fail and like I say the same firewall rules I have set on the clients work for ERA v5 remote deployment but not from the VA.

I don't have ISA.

Hmm.. MSI error code 1619 means the installation package can't be opened. So it's definitely getting through the firewall and connecting to the computer. Does the Event Viewer logs give any more information?

• Solution

Ah, got it.  The installer is trying to download the Agent from the web on the client (which is blocked by our firewall and should use the proxy server) but there is no way to tell the Agent to do so.  Will have to resort to GPO deployment instead.  Shame would be better to have the option to specify an internet http server to download the Agent msi from as you can for the security product install.