Computers - Security risks reported - What does that mean ? 6.x

InAr
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

for all my workstation computers I get the state "Security risks for Client ..... Windows security center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properbly."

When clicking on "Details" it shows:

Problem, Status, Product, Subproduct, Occured, Severity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows security center indicates that the feature is not installed ..., Security Risk, Operating System, Update, 2015 Mar 23, Critical

Does that indicates that there is a windows update missing to my clients ?

We are using a local WSUS server here and I can't find an missing update. Searching online for updates only reveals one optional update for a printer, that can't be the missing one right ?

How can I get the kb patch number ESET is thinking my clients are missing ? How is ESET checking which updates are missing ?

Can I "mute" a specific single windows update I may have not approved since it may breaking some specific applications here ?

Thank you.

• Administrators
  • Solution

ESET itself doesn't check for missing updates. This information is retrieved via WMI to my best knowledge. What you can set up is the minimum severity of updates that you will be notified about, if not installed. Note that ESET will also notify about hidden updates that are available but you chose not to install them.

Thank you for your answer.

I'll deactivate this check in eset then as WSUS is already mailing me about not updated clients anyway.