A threat (msil/injector.fcd) was found in a file that microsoft teams tried to access

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

hello

i built an app from youtube to enhance my game graphics and now i keep getting this every 1 min * a threat (msil/injector.fcd) was found in a file that microsoft teams tried to access *

its so annyoing and whenever eset tell me that it got rid of it it ask me to restart and it all happens again 

i have malwarebytes plus and eset smart security premium

both are detecting an outbound and blocking it but its so annoying because it happens every 30 sec to 1 min

please help anyone

Screenshot-2024-10-09-151356.png Screenshot-2024-10-09-150544.png

• Marcos changed the title to A threat (msil/injector.fcd) was found in a file that microsoft teams tried to access
  • Administrators

The malicious files were created by C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\OneDriveCloud\taskhostw.exe so most likely when syncing with your files in your OneDrive storage.  Log in to OneDrive in a browser and delete all suspicious files.

• Administrators
  • Solution

You must delete the suspicious files in the cloud, otherwise the OneDrive agent will download them again during a sync.

• Administrators

What if you temporarily rename C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\OneDriveCloud\taskhostw.exe in safe mode? Does it stop the detections from occurring?

Also you have quite many performance and detection exclusions. Please remove the performance exclusions and use only detection exclusions with a detection name set.

just to let you know i deleted all the files in C:\Users\acer\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\OneDriveCloud

so its totally empty now

Edited by MasterMind6

good thing is no more *A threat (msil/injector.fcd) was found in a file that microsoft teams tried to access*

but i got that address has been blocked thing every 2 seconds

• Administrators

Remove all performance exclusions as well as detection exclusions that have no detection name set, reboot the machine and see what happens.

Detection exclusions with no detection name:

C:\Users\acer\Desktop\KeyFlexor-v1\KeyFlexor v1\*
C:\Users\acer\Desktop\KeyFlexor-v1\KeyFlexor v1\KeyFlexor v1\STEP 2\*
C:\Program Files\keyflexor\Keyflexor.exe
C:\Program Files\keyflexor
C:\Program Files\keyflexor\Keyflexor.exe
C:\Program Files\keyflexor\Check_KF.exe
C:\Program Files\keyflexor\net8installer.exe
C:\Program Files\keyflexor\Keyflexor.exe.config

image.png

• Administrators
1 minute ago, MasterMind6 said:

ok i will reboot now i just removed all performance exclusions

Don't forget to remove also detection exclusions listed above that have no detection name set.

• Administrators

That should be all. The whole problem was that you had actual malware excluded from scanning which allowed it to execute. Subsequently various payload was subsequently detected in memory by Advanced memory scanner and Startup scanner, such as:
MSIL/AsyncRAT.A trojan
Win64/Injector.EM trojan
MSIL/Injector.FCD trojan
MSIL/ClipBanker.AIF trojan