Echolink not working due to ESET settings? Failing Firewall/Router Test

Guest Danny

I am trying to get a Ham Radio program to work properly on my Windows 11 Pro computer. I have the same program working fine on my Windows 7 Pro computer next to it and the Router and all are working fine.

The difference I believe, is I am using ESET on my New Windows 11 PRO Computer and my windows 7 computer is using Malewarebytes and on the Windows 7 everything works fine.

When I go to run the Firewall/Router test https://www.echolink.org/pingTest.jsp it fails, maybe its got something do to with PORT forwarding or something. I know nothing about this stuff.

Now I may be chasing the wrong rabbit hole but, I went to the support page on Echolink here https://www.echolink.org/firewall_solutions.htm and got the following info below, please note my router works fine when using another Windows & Pro computer using Echolink.  Im just thinking it may be something with ESET which is new to me and the only difference between the 2 computers other than the operating system of course:

EchoLink requires that your router or firewall allow inbound and outbound UDP to ports 5198 and 5199, and outbound TCP to port 5200.  If you are using a home-network router, you will also need to configure the router to "forward" UDP ports 5198 and 5199 to the PC or device on which EchoLink is running. (Do not forward TCP 5200).

This can be summarized as:

Allow UDP destination ports 5198-5199 between Internet and EchoLink node in both directions
Forward UDP 5198-5199 to your EchoLink node
Allow TCP (source port any, destination port 5200) from EchoLink node to Internet

The information above applies to every situation, regardless of the type of equipment and software you are using.  If the information below does not help you solve the problem, please consult your equipment's documentation, or contact the manufacturer for support, and provide them with the information above.

Note: If you are using Internet security software and have recently upgraded to a newer version of EchoLink, you may need to re-apply the special security settings you had established earlier.

Any Help?

The problem is that Echolink when trying to log onto a Repeater, the repeater will recognize me logging in and announce my callsign but repeats over and over again so I have to log out.

Danny Garris, WD4CQ

• Administrators

Please check in the main GUI: Setup -> Network -> Network connections and make sure that your local network is marked as trusted.

Should the communication still be blocked, click "Resolve blocked communication" -> "Unblock" next to the desired communication you want to allow.