MacOS Sequoia 15

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi ESET Team, 

3 of our consumer client have an issue after update their Macos devices to MacOS Sequoia 15 - the installed ESET Cyber Pro - say's that it's not supported

1. I just want to ask if the latest version of ESET Cyber Pro is working on  MacOS Sequoia 15

2. If not, then what is the alternative ? work around

Cheers, 

Gil

2 hours ago, Microbe said:

They also don't have internet connection after the updates of their macos, i'm not totally sure if this related with ESET.

Cheers 

Microbe Support

I had the same issue on my Macbook Air/M2 with macOS15 upgraded. I could resume my internet connection by removing the configuration profiles of ESET from Settings/VPN. I hope I can get ESET working on macOS15 soon.

Hello.

I had the same problem, which was remedied by the following actions.

See below.

[ALERT8723] Network connection lost after upgrading to macOS 15 with ESET macOS product v6
https://support.eset.com/en/alert8723-network-connection-lost-after-upgrading-to-macos-15-with-eset-macos-product-v6

[KB3241] Upgrade ESET Cyber Security or ESET Cyber Security Pro to the latest version
https://support.eset.com/en/kb3241-upgrade-eset-cyber-security-or-eset-cyber-security-pro-to-the-latest-version

Is there a new version of Cyber Security Pro available that actually supports macOS 15 or are the devs so out of touch with MacOS that they create an inferior product, my estimation of ESET is starting to fall.

All the installers I've downloaded fail because they don't support macOS 15.

We are paid subscribers so come on ESET, get your act together and fix this.

• Administrators

Since there is now just a single product ESET CyberSecurity, there are two options:
1, Wait with upgrade of macOS until ESET CyberSecurity v8 with a firewall is released in October 2024
2, Uninstall ESET CyberSecurity Pro v6 and install ESET CyberSecurity v7.5.74 until v8 with a firewall is released and then upgrade to macOS 15.

2 hours ago, daichaaan said:

I had the same issue on my Macbook Air/M2 with macOS15 upgraded. I could resume my internet connection by removing the configuration profiles of ESET from Settings/VPN. I hope I can get ESET working on macOS15 soon.

In applications, find Eset, go to package contents - helpers- uninstall.    worked for me and now have network back.

Will need updated version from Eset to reinstall.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Harry Devine said:

In applications, find Eset, go to package contents - helpers- uninstall.    worked for me and now have network back.

Will need updated version from Eset to reinstall.

Please read https://forum.eset.com/topic/42417-mac-not-connecting-to-internet-and-eset-is-reason for more information and instructions.

Hi Marcos, hello AndreTheGiant,

1 Same issue: Cyber security not working with MacOS15 Sequoia. I believe this was something ESET didn't foresee apparently. I asked support of ESET, they didn't seem to know the issue... and simply asked to uninstall and reinstall 😞 

2- Downloading the package again brings us the older version not the version suggested by Marcos.

"-> install ESET CyberSecurity v7.5.74 " --->> Where do we get this version ? Impossible to find anywhere.

If there's any EST guys there, this starts to be critical for us. Please help !!

Edited by TItop

38 minutes ago, AndreTheGiant said:

Hi Marcos,

Might be worth posting the link to the download as that version works while we wait for v8.

Thanks

Yes we need that. Impossible to find on ESET website

• Administrators
  • Solution

ESET CyberSecurity 7.5.74 is downloadable from the download page. This is a direct link to the installer: https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eav/mac/latest/eset_cybersecurity.dmg. It was added also to the announcement https://forum.eset.com/announcement/26-network-communication-blocked-after-upgrade-to-macos-15-sequoia/.

15 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Yes, that's a correct procedure.

Thanks for that.  :) 

Would there be any advantage/issue with uninstalling CC Pro, then updating Mac OS and then installing the newer version of CyberSec?

• Administrators

If you don't uninstall ECSP v6 prior to upgrading your macOS, you will lose network connectivity after the upgrade. To fix it, you'll need to uninstall ECSP and install the latest version of ESET CyberSecurity. If you need the firewall in ECSP, we kindly ask you to wait with macOS upgrade until ESET CyberSecurity v8 with a firewall is released next month.

Upgraded my Mac OS last night. No internet today. Saw it was a common problem. Uninstalled Eset which I have ran for years and told them not to auto-renew which was scheduled in 10 days. I have read in Mac forums I should not run Eset and I'll be fine if I use the App Store and don't click links in emails. Anyone agree/disagree?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bill G said:

Upgraded my Mac OS last night. No internet today. Saw it was a common problem. Uninstalled Eset which I have ran for years and told them not to auto-renew which was scheduled in 10 days. I have read in Mac forums I should not run Eset and I'll be fine if I use the App Store and don't click links in emails. Anyone agree/disagree?

We'd like to kindly bring into your attention the alert here in the forum https://forum.eset.com/announcement/26-network-communication-blocked-after-upgrade-to-macos-15-sequoia/ as well as https://support.eset.com/en/alert8723-network-connection-lost-after-upgrading-to-macos-15-with-eset-macos-product-v6.

The problem is caused by upgrading macOS prior to updating ESET to the latest version which supports the latest macOS 15. This brought the system to a state when ESET was integrated in the system but not functioning and it was necessary to uninstall ESET and install the latest version from scratch. The same would have happened with any AV that installs a network system extension to filter network communication.