Real-time file system protection & Web access protection is non-functional

Go to solution Solved by kurco,

Installed agents on end-devices and installed AV from dashboard tasks. AV got installed, all updates (detection engine & ubuntu distro) & reboots done, secure boot was disabled, didn't attempt to activate either. I tried pushing via policy (https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/idh_config_amon.html) still, no change. image.thumb.png.6929fa5313dc026bb499431a225a664c.png

eea_logs.zip

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hi,

there is an issue during compilation of RTP & WAP modules, system is missing compiler which was used for kernel compilation. Try to install gcc-12 and restart eea service. 

More info could be found here:  https://support.eset.com/en/kb8571-eset-service-fails-to-start-when-installing-eset-server-security-or-eset-endpoint-antivirus-for-linux-on-ubuntu-2204-or-mint-21

Regards,
Kurco

Hi Kurco,

Although the solution you provided solved majority of the cases for our Linux endpoints, however some devices still do not. Some have SecureBoot enabled, some do not. I have done the signed keys solution but to no avail. I'll share some logs if you could help, I'd be very grateful.

Regards & Thanks. 

eea_logs_SB-enabled.zip eea_logs-SB-disblaed.zip eea_logs-SB-enabled.zip

I would be interested to hear what the resolution to this is. We've got efs (ESET Server Security) installed showing the same symptoms on Ubuntu 22.04 and we have gcc-12 installed.