It seems that somebody wants to hack my Hotmail acc.

yongsua

post-6379-0-27046900-1425087936_thumb.jpg

SMTP was used, I personally don't use any SMTP and same goes to 'Germany". I wonder why do they do this? I suspect it may be the same person that uses different location to trick the users.

Edited by yongsua

Hello Sua, you might want to consider using a new password-at least that's what I would do. :rolleyes:

FYI...Here's an interesting little article on passwords (some lite reading).

hxxp://www.welivesecurity.com/2015/02/05/alternatives-passwords/

And then there's this from HTG:

hxxp://www.howtogeek.com/187645/htg-explains-should-you-regularly-change-your-passwords/

Edited by TomFace

I wonder why do they do this?

For an answer to this question you would have to ask the person/machine which is doing this. (Yes, of course it doesn't have to be a person, but may be automatically done...)

Maybe you also have a common e-mail-adress which is attached...

I suspect it may be the same person that uses different location to trick the users.

Yes, this can be. You can check the IPs to find out whether it's a proxy/VPN which was used for this.

Besides Microsoft has some great articles which explain what you can do now. Under "What should I do if I see unusual account activity?" on this page they e.g. say that you can click on "This was me" and "This wasn't me". It's also stated that you have to go though some steps if you click on "This wasn't me"...

On another site (Make your Microsoft account more secure) they show several nice tips how you can protect your account. E.g. using two factor authentication, which is very easy with a Microsoft account.

Okay, one quite strange recommendation is IMO to use a popup-blocker, but maybe they had to bring the Internet Explorer up ("By default, Pop-up Blocker in Windows Internet Explorer is turned on.")... :D

Edited by rugk