Problems with update servers?

Hi.

We have the problem that signature updates no longer work since 22th July for all of our customers.

As we are using mirror tool to reduce load on internet connections and update servers we found that connection to the mirror we were using till now (91.228.166.15) was no longer possible.

For that reason we switched to 91.228.166.13 (update.gtm.eset.com) which seems to work for now but it is really slow (about 200 KB/sec).

Are there any known problems with ESET infrastructure or do you have any advice how to fix the problems?

Thanks a lot.

• Administrators

Since new update servers may be removed or new added over time, you should update from update.eset.com . A list of ESET servers is available at https://support.eset.com/en/kb332.

I've just made a test and an update file was downloaded at the speed 37 MB/s from the above mentioned server.

Last but not least I would strongly recommend using ESET Bridge as a proxy to cache update files instead of using a mirror. This would significantly reduce the amount of data downloaded with each engine or other module update.

OK I see that speed improved a lot this morning. Maybe a temp problem or load problem during certain times of day.

Since new update servers may be removed or new added over time, you should update from update.eset.com.

update.gtm.eset.com was the alias for update.eset.com. I just mentioned this for clearness to make testing meaningful. We used 91.228.166.15 over the past year with very good results, and did not do that without reason. There were times we had a lot of trouble with performance and steadiness with the default, so that was the reason for us to switch.

Last but not least I would strongly recommend using ESET Bridge as a proxy

Our customers have a lot clients operating in disconnected environments for security reasons which is not negotiable, so for them mirror tool is the way to go. And this morning download for ep10 only took 2 minutes so it seems there is not much room for optimization with practical relevance.

Thanks for your test and reporting back.

May I bring this topic to your attention again?

Now we have the same problem like yesterday.

Download speed of "update.eset.com" (here 91.228.166.13) is even worse than yesterday (65 KB/s)

Regards

Additional info.

It seems to be also inter-carrier related.

Downloading via Deutsche Telekom seems to be fast (tested with 2 customers).

Downloading via Vodafone is really slow (also tested with 2 customers).

We will make additional tests with other customers to see what about other carriers.