ESET Upgrade option 2014 - 2015?

Hello,

That's not a problem, you can use that for V8 (2015) as well, version upgrades are free of charge.

Even if you bought a 2013 boxed version that too would work fine with the latest version. The license is not tied to a specific version or year.

You can get the latest version available from ESET's website. 

Yes, you can just buy the 2014er version.

Maybe there are some people who "have to" get the 2015er version, because they like the 2015er box so much, (;)) but I assume you're not one of them. :D

And BTW:

2014 equates to version 7 and 2015 equates to version 8.

Maybe there are some people who "have to" get the 2015er version, because they like the 2015er box so much, ( ;)) but I assume you're not one of them. :D

And BTW:

Lol no but I do have little OCD things like that in other areas haha... So is it kind of a little secret that people can but the 2014 at discount then instantly upgrade to the 2015 or 8 as you say?

thanks

Maybe there are some people who "have to" get the 2015er version, because they like the 2015er box so much, ( ;)) but I assume you're not one of them. :D

And BTW:

So is it kind of a little secret that people can but the 2014 at discount then instantly upgrade to the 2015 or 8 as you say?

thanks

No, no little secret, that's how it works. ;)  With a valid license one can use any of the supported versions that you want from the oldest v3 to the newest v8, and when ESET release a new version (e.g v9) you can upgrade for free. So you would be safe even if you could read 2013 on your box. Other vendors may do it differently of course.

Edited by SweX

Thats great yea.  Its crazy how the number on the box affects the price then for resellers.  Because your essentially getting the same thing only one is $25 and the other is $79..  madness!

Hope to see you around.

I was going to spout off about how ESET should offer discounts, but I forgot  ^_^  they do offer discounts when you renew. Plus if my memory is correct, they do a Black Friday/Cyber Monday thing as well. Saving money is a good thing.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN570&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1424558737007

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/renew/

Edited by TomFace