Windows Defender - Vulnerability & Patch Management

Andi316

Hello,

i refer to this tops (it's closed now):

I have opened a ticket long time ago. I have sent log files to Eset but never got an reply. Now over 6 months later the problem ist still there. Countless "Windows Defender" warnings appear in the Vulnerability & Patch Management. That's annoying.

• Administrators

Windows turns off Defender real-time protection when a 3rd party antivirus registers it the Windows Security Center. You can still enable periodic scanning, however. Also if the 3rd party AV is outdated or uninstalled, Windows turns on Defender real-time protection automatically. If Defender is reported as vulnerable despite having all Windows updates installed, please raise a support ticket. The support personnel will instruct you how to collect advanced VAPM logs for perusal.

Reference to the above prior link article on the issue. 

The problem is that when a third party AV solution is installed as the active real-time  solution, WD is no longer active. As such, it can't receive signature updates or upgrade itself to the latest version. You will have to refer to existing Microsoft documentation on WD Vulnerability & Patch Management on how it can be disabled or exclusions created when a third party AV is installed.