MacOS Sequoia

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

ESET antivirus for macOS, ver 15.0 Sequoia, the only program which is not working at all :( I also note that ver 6 was an anti-spam (endpoint security) version, but it is not continued. Instead, version 7 was made available, which was supposed to have this functionality "later, in 2024". It's the end of June and version 7 is still antivirus only (not endpoint). Moreover, there is no LiveGuard functionality. Under Sequoia ver 7 is not working at all

Zrzut ekranu 2024-06-20 o 13.47.52.jpg

• Administrators

MacOS Sequoia has not been released yet. The public launch is scheduled for September/October 2024 at which time it will be supported by ESET.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, kevin123 said:

We would like a beta version of Eset to work with beta version of MacOS Sequoia

Since it is not certain that crucial parts of the system will not change between the beta and the final version, ESET will declare support only final versions of the operating systems.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2024 at 4:59 PM, Marcos said:

Since it is not certain that crucial parts of the system will not change between the beta and the final version, ESET will declare support only final versions of the operating systems.

Now that we have updated to macOS 15.0 Sequoia, we won’t be able to use ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS, right?

• Administrators

The public launch of the final macOS Sequoia is expected in the fall of 2024 which is when ESET products should be fully compatible.

I noticed that new versions of macOS annoy our administrators... :) nevertheless eset is the only app still not working at all on Sequoia (all other apps are working well). Moreover beta versions of Windows (even Cannary channel) are well supported by eset...

This situation is annoying. As I didn’t want to stay unprotected, so I searched for an alternative solution and found that MS Defender works pretty well on Sequoia. I think I will stick to that even when Eset releases a working version. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2024 at 5:59 AM, Marcos said:

Now that the release candidate is out and any major changes to the OS are finished, when can we expect a working version of ESET AV?

New version of eset endpoint security now successfully installed on sequoia (one extension had to be toggled only in system preferences), but there is still another problem with activation, as shown on attached screen. "System information is temporarily unavailable. Error code 0x0........." There is a fake licence number given, but if it is real, the popup is the same. There is not possibility to activate from ESET Protect, and directly inputing a key as well.

Zrzut ekranu 2024-09-9 o 22.39.35.jpg

Edited by root

EDIT: for those users who have the same problem: you can easily activate ESET in the Sequoia environment, in recovery mode. Then restart in normal mode, and ESET is working well, activated :) 

Zrzut ekranu 2024-09-10 o 00.29.30.jpg

i find it cool that you tested it 👍. i hope the team will have a look at it.   ///   do not wish to have such issue with the CS v8 (=non-endpoint version) to be released soon (on 16.09?).

=this should have been posted in the endpoint section.

@Marcos there is another problem: since eset 8.1.6.0 is successfully installed and activated (on Sequoia under safe mode), there is no possibility to connect to Timecapsule. Checked in 2 independent networks, 2 independent macs (both with eset 8.1.6.0), 2 independent MacOSs (Monterey & Sequoia). Not possible even to connect, thus not possible to configure. Just in case, additionally timecapsule had been reviewed yesterday by pro service, no defects.

yes. disabling off firewall AND Liveguard (by forcing the politic in console): success (!). Time Capsule is working like a charm

clearly a defect of ESET's new functionalities. I knew it was ESET fault, because I could easily connect to TC via my iPhone that does not have ESET

• Administrators

If LiveGuard seems to be the culprit, try setting up proactive protection not to block files and allow execution immediately:

image.png

If that's not an issue, please raise a support ticket for assistance with further troubleshooting of the issue.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, paffko said:

Hi, any updates about ESET Endpoint Antivirus for MacOS 15?

ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.6.0 with support for macOS Sequoia was released on September 9. You can install it and activate ESET Endpoint Antivirus features with your existing license.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

If LiveGuard seems to be the culprit, try setting up proactive protection not to block files and allow execution immediately:

image.png

If that's not an issue, please raise a support ticket for assistance with further troubleshooting of the issue.

@Marcos What exactly criteria should I enter into the rule to disable blocking of Time_Machine (Time_Capsule) and AirPort? I mean, I know where to create the rule for FIREWALL, but I don't know what criteria to enter.... I don't know what exactly is being blocked. In Windows, you can turn on debugging and check what is being blocked, but unfortunately, there is a limited version on MacOS. At the moment, everyone will have a problem with accessing Time_Machine (+ AirPort), so I'm not filing a Ticket so that it would also be a solution for everyone, until a new - improved - version is released

Edited by root

edit: tried exclude (in Rule) Timemachine.app and Airport.app (in 2nd rule) as well. Also all backups TM, but no success. There must be something deeper blocking... Now the only way is to switch off ESET firewall totally, Timemachine is working, but ESET app popping up that firewall is off which is vulnerable..,