Nucleus CO-OP (false positive?) and EFI variations

I dont know if the right word for μεταλλαγη is variation but thats what came up on google translate. So today i got this window (attached below) about an automatic scan. It wants to clean some nucleus coop files and efi. Wasnt nucleus supposed to be a false positive and if yes why does it still come up? Also what shall i do with the efi detection? Please help ASAP.2024-06-06125712.thumb.png.23e5f65294b3775e3060e47d2b6df729.png

• Administrators

Your on-demand scanner log shows CompuTrace detection that the KB is about.

55 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Your on-demand scanner log shows CompuTrace detection that the KB is about.

i dont think so the screenshot shows a detection about nucleus and the automatic response to it is "clean" while the efi detection is "no action" so i guess that the nucleus coop detection is higher priority than a uefi false positive. Is it false positive as their website suggests?

yeah seems like the first detection is a false positive. The other two too because its a splitscreen emulator and it recognises it a cracker for games. Thats what i think at least if you could help @Marcos

54 minutes ago, Marinos said:

Is it false positive as their website suggests?

You may have to allow Nucleus Co-op as an exception before extracting. Nucleus Co-op is fully open source and 100% guaranteed safe if you downloaded it from the official github link. If you got a detection you can help by reporting the file(s) to Microsoft as incorrectly classified as malware.

Github repositories are  constantly being hacked. As such, you can't 100% trust any downloads from there.

12 minutes ago, itman said:

Github repositories are  constantly being hacked. As such, you can't 100% trust any downloads from there.

ahhhh open source vulnerabilities. should i clean it though ?

• Administrators

Nucleus CO-OP is detected as a potentially unsafe application, ie. not with default settings. I assume the app injects into game processes, hence the detection as potentially unsafe. Since you are using it intentionally, we recommend creating a detection exclusion.