Avro Keyboard is not working on Browsers with ESET Internet Security

I am using ESET Internet Security and Avro Keyboard in my PC, everything is fine except browsers. I can't type Bengali Unicode in Browsers with Avro Keyboard. After searching for solution I got some are suggesting disabling keyboard protection.

Avro Keyboard is a Most used Bengali Keyboard for Phonetic Typing but why I can't use Avro with ESET? Why I have to Disable Keyboard Protection?

Keyboard Source: https://www.omicronlab.com/avro-keyboard-download.html

I am using ESET since 2013 but Recently I am facing this issue. I can't ruin my protection with complete disable of keyboard protection.

Please help me to use my Avro Phonetic Bengali Keyboard (Unicode) with keyboard protection Enabled.

Thanks

• Administrators

Does disabling keyboard protection make a difference? If so, use that as a workaround. ESET Secured browser keyboard protection is not compatible with software that remaps keys.

image.png

23 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does disabling keyboard protection make a difference? If so, use that as a workaround. ESET Secured browser keyboard protection is not compatible with software that remaps keys.

image.png

Yes, Disabling Keyboard protection it works fine.

We type Bengali with Avro keyboard mapping, but we type English with default keyboard. So, we type secure information and passwords in English but If we disable complete keyboard protection then we also lose protection for our default English Keyboard. How can I bypass keyboard protection for Avro keyboard so that we can continue use keyboard protection for default English Keyboard? 

• Administrators

It is not possible, the only thing you can do is disable keyboard protection.

Posted (edited)

You can test if KeyScrambler: https://www.qfxsoftware.com/ ;

1. Works with Avro keyboard .

2. Works with Eset Secured Browser memory protection enabled.

Prior to testing, ensure Eset Secured Browser keyboard protection is disabled.

KeyScrambler works similar to Eset keyboard protection in that both scramble key strokes.

Edited by itman

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 7:26 PM, itman said:

You can test if KeyScrambler: https://www.qfxsoftware.com/ ;

1. Works with Avro keyboard .

2. Works with Eset Secured Browser memory protection enabled.

Prior to testing, ensure Eset Secured Browser keyboard protection is disabled.

KeyScrambler works similar to Eset keyboard protection in that both scramble key strokes.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will test it later.

I have tested on Eset, Disabling the secure all browsers also works fine.

If I disable the secure all browsers and enable keyboard protection does keyboard protection work?

Which one will be best Disabling secure all browsers or disabling keyboard protection?

17 minutes ago, Monir Hasan said:

Thanks for your suggestion. I will test it later.

I have tested on Eset, Disabling the secure all browsers also works fine.

If I disable the secure all browsers and enable keyboard protection does keyboard protection work?

Which one will be best Disabling secure all browsers or disabling keyboard protection?

Disabling Secure browser will disable all protection offered by the secured browser layer. Only disabling keyboard protection, disables the particular protection only. So, it's up to you to decide which do you prefer. I think the recommendation from ESET will be to disable keyboard protection only since that's the only problematic part. 

1 hour ago, Monir Hasan said:

Your only option is to disable Eset keyboard protection since it interferes with the Avro keyboard software.

If KeyScrambler works with the Avro keyboard software, you're protected since it does the same thing Eset keyboard protection does - scramble keystrokes.

Edited by itman

I just found this posting on the SpyShelter forum about discontinuing of its anti-keylogger protection;

While attempting to create a modern version of keyboard encryption that would continue to function on Windows 10, 11, and any future Windows versions, we found that it’s unlikely that this technology could continue to work with future Windows updates.

Perhaps we could have rigged something together temporarily, but we can see the direction Microsoft is heading with their OS, and we’d be charging SpyShelter users money for a feature that could be discontinued by Microsoft at any time.

On top of this, the technique that needs to be used to effectively encrypt the keyboard also looks like malware to Windows Security, and other antivirus software, so our app would most likely be blocked by Microsoft and others.

https://forum.spyshelter.com/t/major-spyshelter-announcement-keyboard-encryption-is-dead-long-live-keyboard-encryption/70

As such, I don't know if KeyScrambler still works on Win 10/11.

Edited by itman

50 minutes ago, itman said:

I just found this posting on the SpyShelter forum about discontinuing of its anti-keylogger protection;

https://forum.spyshelter.com/t/major-spyshelter-announcement-keyboard-encryption-is-dead-long-live-keyboard-encryption/70

As such, I don't know if KeyScrambler still works on Win 10/11.

Noted with Thanks