Automatically pair found computers feature not work on my ESET PROTECT.

Hello,

I'm testing the auto-pairing feature for found computers, but it doesn't work. The steps I tested are as follows:

- First I installed Eset agent & endpoint on my Macbook with A computer name. and I saw my computer name on Eset Protect.

- Then reinstall macOS with the same computer name and reinstall Eset agent & endpoint but i see 2 of my computer name on Eset Protect.

- next, I uninstalled Eset agent & endpoint on my Macbook. and reinstall Eset agent & endpoint. and I see 3 of my computer names on Eset Protect.

• Administrators

Did you try removing the redundant clients from the ESET PROTECT console? As far as I know, each time you install the management agent, it generates a unique client ID. Alternatively sending a "Reset cloned agent" task should work too.

• ESET Staff
On 5/29/2024 at 5:42 AM, ThienTran said:

- Then reinstall macOS with the same computer name and reinstall Eset agent & endpoint but i see 2 of my computer name on Eset Protect.

Unfortunately pairing actually works as you would expect only in case duplicate entry is not yet "managed", which is not case of devices where ESET Management Agent was installed previously.

Could you possibly describe whey would you reinstall products on the same device?